Sunday, July 26, 2009

SUNDAY LUNCH DESSERT



Had a wonderful lunch, Ian's Mum, Beryl, was visiting from England. Julia was hosting in the kitchen we all covet! Julia cooked wonderful side of salmon, smothered with creme fraiche, lemon and a herb. I did Blueberry Buckle, a Cooks Illustrated recipe I had spotted a while back and finally tried. I was pretty pleased with it, it is very light and very fruity.
Shame you cannot get recipes from C I without a subscription, hoping they will get this figured out soon, in the meantime I hope the link works.
NOTE: I have made this a couple of times since, my tip is to err on the side of fewer blueberries. The cake has a lot of berries, which is one of the things that makes it great, but did not take much to tip it over the edge, does not make it better. Not a huge deal, just a little tip. Also, only did the whole pan prep the first time, subsequent times just sprayed the pan with 'Pan for baking' and it was fine, no need for all the lining the pan with parchment etc.

2 comments:

  1. Where is the hard sauce? I have never had it without bourbon hard sauce!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New one on me, same hard sauce as for Christmas pudding do you think? Basically butter, sugar and some booze?

    ReplyDelete