Sunday, November 8, 2009

DESSERT FOR ELIZABETH





Elizabeth is visiting from Argentina for a week. Julia hosted a dinner, mostly girls but of course Alan was invited! Such a fun evening, the Wilton crowd with some international friends who Elizabeth added into the mix. She is a great collector of interesting people! Julia did a delicious Fish pie and I did a Normandy Apple tart for dessert. This is something I have been cooking for years. The recipe comes from the Observer, a Sunday newspaper in London. There was a section every week to collect - we are talking late 1970s here! I usually do this with pears, it is delicious and it looks so wonderful. However, Joseph and I had been apple picking a few weeks ago, I had a fridge full of apples so had to do the traditional way this time! I actually was not that happy with it - the apples were a bit big so the 'spokes' were not that even but it did taste pretty good - really! I wish the pictures were better but I was distracted...... I really think this is easier to do than it looks and it gets rave reviews, go on, try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment