Saturday, December 4, 2010

SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT FOR ME

Knew I wanted something fishy for dinner tonight, had nothing in particular in mind so decided to browse through recipes I have saved.  I find that too often, if I do not cook them immediately they end up in my binder, forgotten!  I found 'Okra and Tomato Stew with Savannah White Shrimp and Sausage'.  Probably meant to be a summer dish but seemed perfect for a wintery evening to me.
First clue was that it is not Okra season but I am not that easily put off, zuccini would substitute nicely.
Recipe worked out pretty well, quite delicious really and who knows how different it would have been had I found okra?  The broth part of my stew was pretty thin and I suspect that okra might have thickened it. But, I simply and confidently laid a soup spoon for everyone to eat the broth and it was really tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment