Sunday, January 29, 2012

DUCK BREASTS FOR DINNER



I love duck breasts, although I do not have them that often.  Spotted this recipe in NYTimes a few weeks ago and have been waiting for the right moment to cook them. Our supermarket doesn't always have them either but I saw them there last weekend and the plan stated taking shape!
January is a quiet month for us usually, have been doing a no alcohol month for a few years now and that goes along perfectly with catching up on movies prior to the Oscars. We had a DVD to watch last night, The Ides of March, which was enjoyable, almost as much as the duck! Here is the recipe link., Peppered Duck Breast with Red Wine Sauce

Few notes: They were not Muscovy duck breasts which I don't think mattered at all except mine weighed closer to half a pound rather than a pound.  I did one each which was really a bit too much but no-one was looking!! I still used the same timings and they were done exactly as I like them, I did the second side for 5 minutes, which was supposed to be fore medium-rare.
The sauce was exceptional and easy.  This would be a great dish for entertaining as you can do the sauce ahead of time.  And yes, it was very tempting to drink a glass of the red wine I opened for the sauce but I managed not to!

No comments:

Post a Comment