Sunday, September 26, 2010

HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY ANNABEL!

Quite an honour that Annabel chose to have her birthday lunch with us, my traditional roast chicken is one of her favourites.  Keeping this honest I must say that she had her sleepover birthday party last night, but I will take what I can get!  I still remember the evening that Julia told me she was pregnant, we had not known each other that long - another blog......!
Perfect day to eat lunch outside, it was warm but not sunny, so very comfortable.  You will have no trouble finding various roast chickens on this blog, but the star today was the lemon cake Godfather Uncle Iain brought for the celebratory dessert.  Quite delicious, and perfect for Annabel's sophisiticated taste buds at the grand old age of 10!
I used to do an orange and almond cake years ago that I had forgotten about, it was a middle eastern recipe. Apparently this cake was a variation of a similar recipe, adapted because of Annabel's love of lemon cake.  The link is to a Martha Stewart cake which looks ok BUT when Iain sends me the recipe for the real deal I will add it......

No comments:

Post a Comment