Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SNOW DAY = HOME MADE SOUP

Thanks to 20 inches of snow last night we were all home today and I wanted to make some soup for lunch out of whatever I had in my fridge and cupboard. Had most of a fairly large cauliflower which I love, that choice was easy. Then rushed to Epicurious and decided on Stilton Cauliflower Soup. Was having a busy day as I was working at home and this recipe looked easy, not too time consuming and I had all the ingredients, more or less!
I used Roquefort instead of Stilton and it was really delicious if not very photogenic! Added a small grainy loaf from Costco (love their bread) which I let defrost, passed briefly under a running cold tap, then put in 350 degree oven for about 20mins. Great trick with crusty bread, assume the water helps it not to dry out while getting all warm and crusty! Might try a different garnish next time, but hey, this was just a busy Wednesday lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment