Sunday, March 18, 2012

CHICKEN TAGINE

The current request from Alan is to cook something at the weekend that will keep well for at least one more meal during the week, probably by about Thursday.  Found this in my clippings from NYT and it checked all the boxes, new and interesting for me to try as well as re-heatable! CHICKEN TAGINE WITH EGGPLANT AND OLIVES.  I have not eating Tagine often but always really enjoyed it when I have so pretty keen to try this.
Verdict was pretty good, Alan and I enjoyed, Joseph not so much. I thought the flavours were excellent and I could have done with a bit more juices, might increase the chicken stock next time I do this.
Some notes - I clearly do not have a Tagine, I cooked it in a deep frying pan with a lid and finished it in the oven for the final 40 minutes at 350 degrees.  I will definitely do this again, suppose when Joseph is not home for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment