Tuesday, April 24, 2012

PIE DAY!

The Beauty team at work have a tradition of an annual pie day.  I think it is one of the Creative Director's birthday, and she is a pie lover.  The deal is you sign up to provide your pie at a certain time then you can partake with other contributions.  I would have to say that the interpretation of 'pie' was pretty loose.  I was a little concerned about bringing a tart but I had no need to worry, there were cakes, quiches and a really interesting one to start the day, bacon and corn pie!  It was not a quiche as you might have guessed, but really seemed like a pastry sheet scattered with bacon, corn and some red onion, I think.  My offering was the raspberry tart, thanks to Amy for the pic, and it was pretty well received. I  posted this tart some time ago but have been wanting to make it again, and have still not copied the recipe as a link.  PLEASE Cooks Illustrated, make your recipes available for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment