Sunday, May 16, 2010

CURRY IN A HURRY!

Prettty much.... one of those unseasonaly cold May weekends and it just had to be a curry.   As usual had a lot going on, no time for a 2 hour simmered something spicy!  BBC Goodfood to the rescue, had the recent issue (thanks Annie): Lamb Keema with peas did the trick! It is a minced lamb curry so no need for long, slow cooking.  I got to the kitchen at 7 and we were eating at 8.30, and that included making my own Garam Masala!  Only because my local supermarket did not stock it, but pretty easy and very satisfying - not to mention wonderful aroma.....  Of course I made enough for us to have it mid week a few days later and it was even more delicious second time around. Picture is pre coriander addition,  as my son has decided he does not care for it, takes after his sister, subject of another blog! I served this with a brown basmati rice to which I added ginger and turmeric, pretty good, she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment