Saturday, May 14, 2011

How can anyone be a vegetarian?

Actually the whole quote was "A meal like this makes me wonder how anyone can be a vegetarian", spoken by my son.  The dish was very enjoyable and I have included it before, Beef Salad with Asian Dressing.



Of course there needs to be a twist! Two of the ingredients this recipe calls for are sesame oil and a chili.  Does anyone else make shopping lists them leave the list at home?  I do it too often!  Did pretty well today, the only thing I forgot from the list was a chili.  Once I stared cooking I discovered I was out of sesame oil which I thought I had.  Thanks to Jane Z I have O & Co's chili oil  - that seemed like the perfect substitute for the 2 missing ingredients. Recipe calls for skirt steak but I always use flank steak, I prefer it.
A little different tonight, of course, but still excellent. Another thing I love about this dish is that it reminds me of my nephew, Sean, who I made this for on one of his visits.  He is an excellent 'braaier', so he cooked the meat and really enjoyed the dish.  Cheers Sean!

No comments:

Post a Comment