Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One hundred and one ways to roast a chicken!

Well, that's how it feels sometimes........  Alan would have preferred the regular old roast chicken but I was in the mood for something a little different. Alan bought me a boxed set of the Barefoot Contessa's cookbooks for my birthday, so that is where I am going for inspiration these days.  Came across Indonesian Ginger Chicken, 
Sounded worth a try, and it really was. "MMMM - mmmmmm" was Joseph's comment!  Pretty easy, basically you marinate 4 chicken quarters in honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger then roast it, still covered in the marinade, first covered with foil then open so it browns.   The marinade becomes a pretty good sauce, I put it through a sieve as I had chopped the ginger rather than grated it, so the pieces were a little big and I thought would be unpleasant.
Probably a good one to marinate 2 chickens and put one in the freezer, maybe next time!

1 comment:

  1. Much as I might have protested that this is no match for my 'regular old roast chicken', it was actually delicious - and even better cold, in a sandwich the following day. You are the best cook xx

    ReplyDelete