Sunday, May 3, 2009

DINNER FOR THE TAVERNAS




Charlotte is a wonderful friend. She has had surgery recently and I wanted to cook a meal for her family. Decided on Cottage pie, always a crowd pleaser! I have been using a Delia Smith recipe for years, which I adapt. For those who don't know, this is Shepherd's pie when made with lamb and Cottage when made with beef. I didn't do the leek topping this time as I'm not sure Charlotte's kids would like it, and I add more butter than the recipe says to the mash! I also leave out the grated cheese on the potatoes, just don't think it needs it.I always serve this with peas and I like to add some Worcestershire sauce too. By the way, the final picture is before it is cooked in the oven as this will be done before they eat it tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment