Sunday, May 3, 2009

POACHED EGGS





Made these for Sunday breakfast today and decided to include them as apparently many people have trouble poaching eggs and I find it pretty easy! This is a method in the first of the How to Cook books by Delia Smith. Tried to find the recipe link but could not so I will describe it here. Pretty simple.....
Bring at least 2 inches of water to a simmer in a saute pan. This is the point where there are lots of little bubbles in the water. Break the eggs into small dishes or cups, one in each. Turn the heat down to low. Slide each egg carefully into the water. I start at 12 o'clock and work around clockwise so I can take them out in the same order they went in. I can do 5 at the most in my pan. Leave them for about 3 minutes. I test them by prodding the white with a metal spoon to check that it is firm, yolk will still be runny. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels. Use another paper towel to dry tops of eggs if necessary. Serve on hot buttered toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment