Tuesday, September 22, 2009

PARTY WEEKEND DESSERTS




Chelsey, Dave & Harlan are visiting so lots going on, and it's all fun! Had the family over for a BBQ, did a sausage fest which was pretty popular, fun and easy. I enjoyed doing the desserts:
CAPPUCINO CHEESECAKE, a Nigella Lawson recipe which is a bit of a staple of mine, good friends Val & Angela are big fans of this. I have included link to Nigella's London Cheesecake, of which his is a variation, nearest I can find for now, sorry!
Next is the NO BAKE BERRY PIE. This is a crumb crust with a berry puree, topped with fresh berries. Pretty easy, looks stunning and tastes mighty fine. One shortcut I take is not to sieve the cooked berries. I do not know anyone who is offended by those berry pips and blueberry skins. I also think it looks better with the 'marbled' effect you get. Enjoy, berry season pretty much over. Thanks again to Cooks Illustrated, please make your recipes more accessible!

No comments:

Post a Comment