Sunday, September 27, 2009

ROAST CHICKEN - AGAIN BUT DIFFERENT



It was a rainy late September day, and Alan requested roast chicken for dinner - shocker! I grabbed a few Gourmets and Bon Appetits when I took Joseph to his riding lesson, hoping to find something vaguely along the lines of roast chicken but that I would be excited to cook. The first issue I flicked through was Bon Appetit from Feb 2009 and it had SPECIAL SUNDAY ROAST CHICKEN. Not that different from my old standby, but different enough. I changed a few things, of course:
Added stuffing, with sage, which the recipe used anyway.
Made a giblet stock which I used for the gravy instead of white wine.
Market did not have mustard greens so used Arugula.
Did not like the idea of putting chicken fat on the Arugula so used my gravy instead.
It was pretty good, not sure I will switch this for the old standby but I love the idea of serving on a bed of arugula, will definitely do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment