Sunday, July 10, 2011

JAMIE'S SCALLOPS

SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CRISPY PROSCIUTTO, ROASTED TOMATOES AND SMASHED BEANS.  Have done this many times, I think Charlotte originally told me about this recipe, it is easy, quick and delicious, what else is there?! Didn't fuss too much with the presentation of the Arugula this time, as you can see, regretting that right now.
Couple of notes:
I always make the beans first, while the oven is warming and then reheat just before serving, otherwise there is too much to do all at once.
Don't know if all my friends are bigger eaters than the rest of the world but I always do 2 cans of beans to serve 4 people and never have any left over!
I have started to roast the prosciutto in little piles rather than slices, you can sort of see in the pic, I find the slices get crispy too quickly.
Not sure I have ever remembered to buy a red chili when shopping for this dish, a dash of red pepper flakes works just as well.
Have done it with largish cherry tomatoes, also looks good!
It really needs that extra slug of good oil just before serving, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment