Saturday, July 23, 2011

JUST ANOTHER BUSY SATURDAY

Well, not that busy but I knew I would not want to spend too much time in the kitchen and I knew I wanted to eat fish tonight.  I turned to my 'could be better organised' folder of recipes that I collect from various sources that I like the sound of, and found Lime and Honey Glazed Salmon with Rice and Broccolini.  






This is really meant to be that perfect mid-week meal, pretty quick and all cooked in one pan.  However, I was never one to follow the rules and I'm glad I didn't, it was pretty good, I will do it again.  Of course I changed a few things:  substituted lemons for the limes (I had some that needed using) and I omitted the cilantro as Joseph does not like it.  The pan I used was a little small, which I knew but I thought it would look good!  I had to cook some of the broccolini separately, which was fine.  The rice was perfect which  I was relieved about, have tried something similar where it was not.  This is definitely a recipe to play with and I'm sure it will still be just as delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment